7 Μαρτίου 2016

Coffee time

Good morning everyone!
It's been almost 2 months since my last post here.
I didn't mean it to happen, but life is always unpredictable.


The reality in everyday life here in Greece has been even tougher the last 3-4 months, for the Greek people as well as the refugees that are stuck/locked/stranded here.  The countries that create the mess in these people's homelands just refuse to give shelter/accept/take care of them- how responsible is this, eh?  I could say a lot more on this subject but we all KNOW what's going on.

I need to say, though, that I'm very proud that most of my fellow Greeks, despite their hard economic problems and their struggle to survive, HELP the refugees by providing food, clothes, toys and play for the kids, medicines. I expected nothing less than that from them. It's just majestic.  I know that some of the refugees are going to be sent/distributed in my island soon, so I'm looking forward to helping them alongside with the other citizens of Greece.

So yesterday, in order to distract myself a bit from all these hard situations, I scrapped.
I made a colorful and playful page, having focused on this special time of the day, when we all sit and have COFFEE (with some delicious croissants, from time to time)! For me, that time is after I wake up.  Coffee is pure bliss, don't you agree?

So this is my layout




As you probably already noticed, I avoided layering and overloading.  This is something I intend to do even more in my next layouts. So the most prominent feature here is the word stickers.  And because I am a 7 Dots Studio girl, I worked with the Verano Azul Collection again. :)








So I used the following mists:



I also played with Crafty Life March Challenge which is actually a bingo challenge.
I used the far right vertical combination Patterned Paper/Die-cuts/Flowers.  Apart from those, it's evident that I used some mists and chipboard, too.


Chipboards
Lace/ Ribbons
Patterned Paper (s)
Rubons
Mists
Die Cuts
Stamps
Crystals
Flowers


That's all from me now! I hope you have a great week and remember to be thankful for all you are given. Nothing  in life is to be taken for granted.

7 σχόλια:

  1. Μας μαγεύεις κάθε φορά με τις υπέροχες συνθέσεις σου Μαίρη, είσαι σταθερή αξία στο χώρο και πηγή έμπνευσης πάντα, τί να πώ!!!Συμφωνώ απόλυτα πώς η δημιουργία μας ταξιδεύει λιγάκι και το μυαλό ξεφεύγει απο τα όσα άσχημα εως τραγικά γίνονται γύρω μας(και δυστυχώς σύντομα και πολύ κοντά μας...)Σε ευχαριστούμε για την έμπνευση και ιδιαιτέρως για τη συμμετοχή σου στο Crafty Life.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Θαυμάσια σύνθεση Μελένια μου!!!!Μ'αρέσει που είναι βυθισμένη μες το μπλε κ μ'αρέσει που είναι κ πιο μοντερνα πιο παιχνιδιάρα!!!!Απλά υπέροχη!!!!Ευχαριστούμε για την συμμετοχή σου στο CLC!!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Αυτό το σχόλιο αφαιρέθηκε από τον συντάκτη.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. I am happy to see some of your beautiful work again, but sad about your (and others) situation....I think you are great, helping all the refugees and being such a warm welcome country for them, even though it must be tough on everybody...Sending you love from the Netherlands! Hugs!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. Άλλη μια υπέροχη σελίδα, Μελένια!!! Μοναδική!!! Σ' ευχαριστούμε πολύ που έπαιξες μαζί μας στο CLC!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Πολύ σου πάνε (και) αυτά τα χρώματα! Τι ωραία σελίδα!! Ευχαριστούμε πολύ πολύ που έπαιξες μαζί μας στο CLC!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Thanks for taking the time to leave a warm comment here!